You’ve really enjoyed the best of life in Santa Barbara, CA. The final days should be peaceful and comfortable. At this law firm, we pride ourselves on focusing on families that care about what will happen to their loved ones. Let us help you plan for those dearest to you. You’ll need a Santa Barbara elder law attorney to navigate the uncertain waters to make the right decisions.
When is the Best Time to Consult a Santa Barbara Elder Law Attorney?
Generally speaking, it’s a good idea to start working with an elder law attorney before retiring. For most people, this will be in their sixties or seventies. It may be challenging to communicate your ideal medical decisions at this stage, so, in truth, it’s never too early to begin preparing for your future and the inevitable.
Regardless of age, it’s imperative to consult an attorney as soon as possible in the following circumstances:
- You are seeking early retirement
- You have limited family support
- You wish to protect assets brought into a second marriage
- You want to leave property to step-children or charities
- You are living with a chronic or terminal medical condition
- You and life your partner are unmarried
- You are getting divorced or considering divorce in retirement
- You have been a target of a financial scam targeted at seniors
- You are exploring senior housing and long-term care facilities