Welcome To Santa Barbara Estate Planning & Elder Law
We want you to have the peace of mind having a plan in place to protect you and your loved ones - that fits your family whether you have young children, elderly parents or a blended family.
As attorneys and as parents, we know that life events happen. How we prepare for or respond to these life events makes all the difference. And that's where we come in. Our Firm is different than traditional firms. We provide families a welcomed alternative to the traditional lawyer experience, and provide them the ongoing relationship and guidance they need so they can be confident their plan will work exactly as needed when life's transitions occur. We have over 20 years experience to help you make informed decisions based on our unique insights and in-depth knowledge of the law. We want you to have the same five-star experience our clients enjoy, and the confidence and peace of mind knowing that you are in the very best of hands.
How We Can Help
With our help, you never have to worry about facing life events alone, or being unprepared. By preparing for life events now, you can ensure:
- Your kids would never be placed in the care of strangers during an emergency, and would be raised by who you want;
- Your family would avoid a long and expensive court process known as probate;
- Someone you trust and have chosen can manage your finances during an incapacity;
- Your aging spouse or parent can receive Medi-Cal or VA benefits, so they don't go broke paying for long term care;
- Your child with special needs will have the resources, care, and quality of life they need when you are no longer here;
- Your medical decisions can be made according to your wishes, and by someone you trust;
- The money you leave behind can be safeguarded from creditors, predators, divorce, and lawsuits;
- Your business is properly formed and protected from excessive taxes, trademark infringement and other theft.
What makes our firm different is that we were built with the needs of growing families and dynamic seniors in mind. We understand you are BUSY, you are growing, you are planning for a life of prosperity and you value ease, convenience and efficiency. You want to know you've made the best decisions for your family and that your plan will work when your loved ones need it most. We want your family to be the success story—the family that enjoys all of life's wonderful moments, while fully prepared for any difficult times. And we want you to choose the right people to help you prepare for and navigate these life moments. It will make all the difference. We want your family to count on us.
Santa Barbara Estate Planning & Elder Law was founded on the passion that Attorney Julianna Malis has for helping families navigate through the difficult decisions that often come as we age. She saw first hand the problems that families face when they don't get the right legal and financial advice for retirement and long-term care. For boomers and seniors SB Elder Law goes beyond traditional estate planning. When it's important to you to protect your family, preserve your assets, and define your legacy, we're ready to help.
For those who are already facing a crisis and in need of a compassionate family trust attorney to assist you, we extend to you our warmest welcome and assurance that we will do everything possible to resolve your situation, and ensure your protection and care.
No matter what situation you are facing today, we invite you to contact us at (805) 946-1550 to speak with us personally about your family or your business. Today is the best day to take care of the people you love.